Tutorial – How to setup Bread-wallet
Breadwallet is one of the go-to bitcoin wallets, if you need one for your iPhone, Applewatch or any other iOS device. Documentation for the wallet, can be found here:
Here you will find a step-by-step guide on how to setup the wallet on your iPhone.
Step 1 – Locate and download Breadwallet in the app store
- Go ahead and locate the app store.
- Next you go to the search menu and search for Breadwallet.
- Download the app.
Step 2 – Getting started with Breadwallet
- Click new wallet
- Click on the generate recovery phrase.
- A warning will be shown to keep your passphrase private.
- Click show, to see the recovery phrase.
- You will now be shown your recovery phrase.
Step 3 – Keeping your recovery phrase safe
- It is very important, that you take the time, to write down your recovery phrase on a piece of paper.
- DO NOT take a screenshot or write it on any device connected to the internet.
- If anybody were to get a hold of this phrase, they would be able to steal your bitcoins.
- So before you read any further, find pen and paper and write down the recovery phrase.
- If you plan on keeping significant amounts of money in your wallet, we recommend that you keep this piece of paper in a bank vault or place with similar security, and a place that your relatives can get to, in the unlikely event of your untimely demise.
Step 4 – Finishing the setup
- Once you have securely noted the recovery phrase, you will be asked to choose a pin
- Following, you will be asked to verify your pin.
- Congratulations! You have now completed the setup of your wallet, and your are now ready to receive bitcoins.
Step 5 – Finding your Bitcoin address
- On the screen above you can scan a QR code in order to send bitcoins or you can pay a bitcoin address from your clipboard.
- If you swipe left, you will then see your bitcoin address.
- The QR code you see, is a representation of the bitcoin address shown below.
- If you click your bitcoin address, you will get a few options on how to share this address. We recommend that you never attempt to write down your address by hand, and that you always copy/paste and double check that it is the correct bitcoin address you are sending to.